- Nurture and educate children from 18 months – 6 years
- Ensure well-being of the children in the centre especially safety and development
- Assess the needs of the children
- Prepare lesson plans, teaching aids and conduct lessons
- Record children’s daily routine
- Communicate regularly with parents
- Obtained or undergoing Diploma in Pre-School Education – Teaching with/without Leadership
- Diploma in Early Childhood Care and Education (DECCE-T) or
- Diploma in Pre-school Education – Teaching (DPE-T) or
- its equivalent recognized by Early Childhood Development Agency (ECDA)
- Strong passion for working with children and families
- Possess positive working attitude and a personable disposition
- Able to work independently, Team Player and possess initiative
- Assists teacher in preparing and presenting lesson plans, materials or programmes to children in a one-to-one or group setting.
- Assists in monitoring and supervising the children in the classroom, on field trips, meal times and other activities.
- Assists in monitoring the class when teacher is occupied.
- Assists children in routine and transition
- Ability to read and understand documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Required to have a minimum training requirement of the Fundamentals Certificate in Early Childhood Care and Education, WSQ Advanced Certificate in Early Childhood Care & Education or ITE Higher Certificate in Early Childhood Education
- Joyful disposition, energetic and enjoys working with children
- Organised, meticulous and able to multi-task
- Willing to learn, takes initiative, team player
- Flexibility as to the hours and schedule of work